Do your members love being a part of Builders Club? Ask them to brainstorm ways they could get even more members to see how awesome it is! In fact, a recruitment drive makes it a group effort. Here are five steps Builders Club members can follow:
- Discussion. The club officers could lead a discussion on why the club needs more members—and how inviting other students to join can have a positive impact on them.
- Brainstorm. The club can discuss how to motivate other students to join. Questions to help facilitate brainstorming include: What are simple ways that we can ask others? Should we hold a special event? Are there places such as announcements or bulletin boards where we can post an invitation?
- Plan. The club should start planning the details of their recruitment drive: the responsibilities of each member, the timeline and deadlines for the event, talking points regarding why students should join, etc.
- Execute. Encourage members to show their Builders Club pride as they host their recruitment drive. Members should be able to express why others should join, how to join and what the club's upcoming activities are.
- Celebrate. Once the new members are initiated and welcomed into the club, celebrate with a small party or member rewards.
For a list of recruitment ideas, refer to page 46 of the K-Kids & Builders Club guide